At our family clinic we focus on excellence, integrity, and quality health care!
Excellent care is always close by at First Physicians for medical conditions that need prompt attention but aren’t life-threatening. While urgent care is provided at three of our locations including our Wendover, East and West Clinics, our East University location offers expanded hours so you and your family won’t have to wait in the emergency room. Our urgent care providers are available to offer the professional, personalized care you need.
Here is a list of conditions First Physicians urgent care treats:
- Sore throat/throat infections
- Ear pain/ear infections
- Asthma exacerbations
- Sprains and strains (ankles and knees for example)
- Minor lacerations (cuts) and puncture wounds
- Painful urination/urinary tract infections
- Back strain or pain
Symptoms that require care in an emergency room instead of urgent care are:
- Shortness of breath
- Chest pain (sign of a heart attack)
- Sudden loss of vision (possible stroke or detached retina)
- Difficulty speaking, difficulty moving (paralysis), difficulty understanding speech, and confusion (all signs of a stroke)
- Loss of consciousness
- Seizures or convulsions
- Severe trauma (injury) to the body from an accident, fall, or violence
- Sudden, severe abdominal pain, or back pain
- A broken bone or bone protruding through the skin
- Severe lacerations (cuts) with active bleeding
- Suicidal or homicidal thoughts
Call 911 if you think you, a loved one, or a friend is experiencing any medical condition or symptom that may be life-threatening and that requires immediate medical attention from first responders.